Counselling & NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support for Australians living with a disability, their families and carers. The item, Improved Daily Living, provides funds to NDIS participants to access therapeutic services for counselling. As an unregistered provider, Changes in Between provides counselling for NDIS participants who are currently plan-managed or self-managed however, cannot currently support NDIA managed participants.
Counselling may be helpful to support you and help you to address issues during times of
- Stress, anxiety and depression and other mental health concerns.
- Transition (changes in self, others, home and situations) where you are finding the adjustment difficult.
- Grief involving the loss of someone or something (death of a person, companion animal loss, relationship changes, physical and mental health changes, changes in interests or hobbies).
- Disorganisation, excessive acquiring, clutter and hoarding – working through all the issues, emotions, planning and prioritising, time management and household organising strategies.
- Self-care and self-confidence planning and prioritising for health and wellness.
The benefits of counselling with a trained professional including talking about the concerns that are important to you in a private and confidential space and flexible to your needs. Working through your goals and supporting you with your chosen actions. Being a sounding board to help you make sense of overwhelming situations and break down into manageable steps. Working with your strengths and building on them with new tools and techniques for coping with challenges. Support you to build confidence in yourself, your relationships with others, and to help you find your place in your home, relationships and community.
Counselling can be provided to NDIS plan-managed and self-managed participants through telephone counselling or secure online counselling Australia wide. Home visits can be provided in the Melbourne Metropolitan area. Walk and Talk counselling can be provided in several parts of inner north-east Melbourne. Counselling rooms are available in Heidelberg.
Collaborative therapy is available and encouraged when working with home organising. You may already be working with a professional organiser in your home but grief keeps coming up and you find the emotions difficult. Changes in Between can help through providing therapy to enable you to work more fully with your professional organiser.
If you would like to access therapy services with Changes in Between, you can speak with your NDIS Planner, Support Coordinator or Contact Us for a 15-minute phone consultation to see if we are the right fit for each other.
If you do not have an NDIS plan you can check for eligibility.
Telephone: 1800 800 110