Grief and Hoarding Counselling & NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support for Australians living with a disability, their families and carers. The item, Improved Daily Living, provides funds to NDIS participants to access therapeutic services for counselling. Changes in Between provides both grief and hoarding counselling for NDIS participants who are plan-managed or self-managed.
How can Grief and Hoarding Counselling & NDIS Help?
If you are an NDIS participant, counselling may help to support you with:
- working through stress, anxiety and depression and other mental health concerns
- change that you are finding difficult
- honouring your loss of someone or something
- feeling overwhelmed or stuck
- managing the overwhelm of clutter or hoarding
- self-care and self-confidence
- planning and prioritising for health and wellness.
What are the benefits of grief and hoarding counselling?
The benefits of grief and hoarding counselling with a trained professional include:
- talking privately about the concerns that are important to you
- working through your goals and supporting you with your chosen actions
- helping you make sense of changes
- identifying your strengths to cope with challenges
- supporting you to build confidence in yourself
- helping you improve your relationships with others
- finding your place in your home, relationships and community.
How are grief and hoarding counselling services provided?
Service are provided in the following ways:
- telehealth (telephone or online) counselling Australia-wide
- home visits can be provided in the Melbourne Metropolitan area
- walk and Talk counselling can be provided in several parts of inner north-east Melbourne
- counselling rooms in Heidelberg (currently not available).
What if I am working with a professional organiser?
If you are experiencing clutter or hoarding tendencies and you are working with a hands-on professional organiser I can help. As a team, I can work with you and your professional organiser. This is known as collaborative therapy.
I provide trauma-informed grief counselling and can assist with strategies to work with hoarding, anxiety, depression and stress. Working with you can help you to work more fully with your professional organiser.
How can I find out more information about grief and hoarding counselling & NDIS?
If you would like to access counselling services for grief and / or hoarding with Changes in Between, you can speak with your NDIS Support Coordinator. You can also speak with me via phone or email with any questions that you may have.
If you do not have an NDIS plan you can check these links for eligibility.
Telephone: 1800 800 110