Grief and Hoarding Counselling & NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support for Australians living with a disability, their families and carers. The item, Improved Daily Living, provides funds to NDIS participants to access therapeutic services for counselling. Changes in Between® provides both grief and hoarding counselling for NDIS participants who are plan-managed or self-managed.
How can Grief and Hoarding Counselling & NDIS Help?
If you are an NDIS participant, counselling may help to support you with the following:
- Work through stress, anxiety and depression and other mental health concerns.
- Changes that you are finding difficult.
- Honouring the loss of someone or something special.
- Feeling overwhelmed or stuck.
- Managing the overwhelm of clutter or hoarding.
- Improving self-care and self-confidence.
- Planning and prioritising health and wellness.
What are the benefits of grief and hoarding counselling?
- Talking privately about the concerns that are important to you
- Working through your goals and supporting you with your chosen actions.
- Helping you make sense of change.
- Identifying your strengths to cope with challenges.
- Helping you build confidence in yourself.
- Assisting you to improve your relationships with others.
- Finding your place in your home, relationships and community.
How are grief and hoarding counselling services provided?
Service is provided in the following ways:
- telehealth (telephone or online) counselling Australia-wide
- home visits can be provided in the Melbourne Metropolitan area
- walk and Talk counselling can be provided in several parts of inner north-east Melbourne
- virutal professional organising to help with organising and productivity projects
- counselling rooms in Heidelberg (currently not available).
What if I am working with a professional organiser?
If you are experiencing clutter or hoarding tendencies and are working with a hands-on professional organiser, I can help. As a team, I can work with you and your professional organiser. You can read more here about collaborative therapy.
I provide trauma and grief-informed counselling and can assist with coping strategies for hoarding, anxiety, depression and stress. In addition, working with you can help you to work more fully with your professional organiser.
Why Changes in Between?
I belong to several professional associations and more than meet their annual requirements for clinical supervision, continuing professional education, and undertaking my own therapy. In addition, I must undertake periodic national criminal records checks and have a current working with children check. I have extensive experience and training, particularly in loss, grief, and organising and productivity. Please read my About page for more information and I am happy to answer any of your questions.
How can I find more information about grief and hoarding counselling & NDIS?
How do I find out more about grief and hoarding counselling?
- Speak with your NDIS Support Coordinator.
- Contact me for a phone enquiry.
- Send an email with any questions that you may have.
You can check these links for eligibility if you do not have an NDIS plan.
Telephone: 1800 800 110