Loss and Grief Counselling
Loss and Grief
No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. (C.S. Lewis, A grief observed, 1961).
Grief is the reaction to a loss or losses. Internal and external grief reactions involve our thoughts, physical and emotional health, beliefs, social connections, and behaviour and actions. Grief may occur in both death and non-death losses which may be anticipated, unexpected or a wish that never happened.
When your feelings become unpleasant, overwhelming and start to interfere with daily functioning, you may think about getting extra support. Grief counselling can help to more effectively deal with stressful or challenging life circumstances, painful thoughts, and feelings.
I will work with you to explore and articulate the concerns that you have without judgement and assumptions. As a result, you may understand the cause of your concerns.
Together we can work on strategies and I can teach you skills to help you:
- Come to terms with loss and grief.
- Make healthy changes to your lifestyle.
- Cope with daily hassles.
- Manage the impact of loss and grief on your relationships.
- Deal with painful thoughts, worries and fears.
- Manage stress, anxiety, depression.
- Find your place for this next chapter of your life.